About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about what we eat, and how that impacts our health, planet, and each other. We believe saving the planet can be easy and enjoyable, and small moments can create a big impact. By changing what we eat, we can change the future of the planet – one bite at a time.
With this ethos at heart, we set ourselves a bold mission: To make leaving a better world for our kids a pleasure, not a pain; by using plants to create delicious and satisfying foods that will make you forget why animals were ever needed for food.
Since starting Next Gen Foods in 2020, we have experienced rapid growth. We attribute this to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know how, and our unwavering commitment to the mission. As we continue our success and expand our global footprint, we seek to grow our team with best in class talent.
Position : Senior/ Manager, Finance Manager
- Oversee financial reporting including consolidation of month-end, quarterly and year-end closing of Group and entity accounts and ensure timely submission of financial statements for the Group and entities in accordance with statutory reporting, tax compliance and financing requirements
- Handle year-end audit matters, accounting issues, tax filings and preparation of financial statements to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and accounting standards
- Manage the management reporting , budgeting and forecasting process, including preparing financial reports and analysis on business performance to management
- Build and lead operational finance processes for AR, AP, Invoicing functions
- Participate in accounting and finance processes improvement projects and explore ways to leverage technology to enhance end-to-end financial management
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and finance SOPs for the Group
- Support board meeting deliverables and liaise with corporate secretary
- Support treasury, cashflow forecasting and banking arrangements and related controls and processes to achieve strong cashflow control environment
- Liaise with external parties, including external and internal auditors, tax agents, tax authorities and other professional parties
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s accounting policies, financial controls, governance and risk management framework and operating policies
- Other adhoc duties and projects as required
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CA or CPA (CA, ACCA and other recognised accounting bodies) and a degree in Accounting with at least 7 years relevant working experience in a corporate, including listed company and Big four audit firm.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and ability to apply finance, accounting and SFRS/IFRS/GAAP knowledge in areas including consolidation and general accounting, intercompany, month-end close procedures, , accounting for non-controlling interests, head office recharge, transfer pricing and process controls.
- Corporate Tax, Treasury, forecasting and budgeting experience will be an advantage.
- Strong written and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office applications and experience of ERP/Accounting systems
- Hands-on and highly motivated manager with a collaborative and business partner mindset in a dynamic working environment.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, integrity and ability to multi-task and problem-solve.
- Has a practical, can-do attitude and can initiate and work on tasks/projects from inception through to completion.
- Diligent, meticulous, analytical and a good team player.
- Build working relationships with colleagues and manage stakeholders.
- Be willing to support our other operating companies and ad hoc initiatives, as required.
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners
- Fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business