About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about what we eat, and how that impacts our health, planet, and each other. We believe saving the planet can be easy and enjoyable, and small moments can create a big impact. By changing what we eat, we can change the future of the planet – one bite at a time.
With this ethos at heart, we set ourselves a bold mission: To make leaving a better world for our kids a pleasure, not a pain; by using plants to create delicious and satisfying foods that will make you forget why animals were ever needed for food.
Since starting Next Gen Foods in 2020, we have experienced rapid growth. We attribute this to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know how, and our unwavering commitment to the mission. As we continue our success and expand our global footprint, we seek to grow our team with best in class talent.
Position : Head of Human Resources
To support our diverse HR requirements as we accelerate our growth across regions, we are looking for a passionate, people oriented and driven Head of Human Resources with a clear vision and strong sense of purpose to join our organization. This person will work closely with the Co-founders and leadership team to define and implement the HR / People strategy from scratch across the multiple countries we are expanding and over time , globally.
Operating in a strategic and operational role, you will determine the strategic people priorities, set up the HR infrastructure and organisation, translate the company-wide vision and mission into people initiatives, driving a consistent culture across the organization. You will develop the talent acquisition, management and development proposition, including reviewing succession planning and leadership development.
You will put in place a fit for purpose rewards strategy and processes which align with the strategic objectives of the organization as it continues to grow. You will define and implement a best in class HR function and HR Ops managing people processes from on-boarding to exit, headhunting and recruiting best-in-class talents while being attentive to our team members’ well-being as the company continues to grow and expand globally beginning with Asia.
Talent Attraction and Acquisition
- Utilize various sourcing channels and make recommendations for approaching and attracting high calibre candidates
- Oversee end to end hiring process including attracting, sourcing, interviewing, selection and onboarding
- Manage screening and background checking process
- Process necessary work permits and documentation
Employee Lifecyle Management
- Conduct orientations and manage complete on-boarding process
- Partner with Business and employees and be the first point of contact for any employee queries and manage through to conclusion
- Manage exit process including interviews and providing support where appropriate.
- Manage performance and make recommendations where appropriate. Partner and influence business leaders to drive a performance-oriented work culture
- Develop solutions on key people levers of retention and morale
- Manpower planning and assessing the future needs of the business
- Develop leadership capability through coaching and mentoring & enabling Supervisors to be effective People Managers
- Provide support to managers and employees. Act as a primary interface between Management and team members
- Guide the team in taking the right decision especially in case of conflict situations
- Being a positive role model for employees and the ability to communicate and influence values & behaviours across the business
- Support the management on workplace issues and grievances; Guide the team in taking the right decision especially in case of conflict situations
Analytics, Insights, Terms And Policies
- Collate and prepare data for analytics and HR metrics, benchmarking to industry
- Review and make appropriate recommendations on policies and employment terms
- Present and communicate findings through clarity the delivery of messages
- Oversee administrative aspects of the organisation eg. office rental, insurance etc, in-house procurement
The Successful Applicant
This role requires a confident self-starter who has great attention to detail and will look to build the overall culture of the business. This is a critical role and will provide support globally.
You will ideally have started your career perhaps in a bigger corporate in HR and transitioned into a start-up a few years down the line due to your passion for building and creating something exciting! Degree and / or HR qualification is required.
- At Least 10 years experience in HR and Talent Management
- Have a solid, proven HR background ideally from an MNC, with experience in at least two major regions, e.g., US, Europe and Asia Pacific
- Startup experience is a bonus
- Strong leadership and management skills with Strategic orientation and business acumen
- Strong Influencing and Presentation Skills
- Strong collaborative abilities with different parts of the organization; within and outside the geography
- Work independently with minimal input and a determined self-starter
- Process driven and ability to deliver results on the ground
- Willing to offer ideas and creativity where improvements can be made
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners
- Fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business