About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about what we eat, and how that impacts our health, planet, and each other. We believe saving the planet can be easy and enjoyable, and small moments can create a big impact. By changing what we eat, we can change the future of the planet – one bite at a time.
With this ethos at heart, we set ourselves a bold mission: To make leaving a better world for our kids a pleasure, not a pain; by using plants to create delicious and satisfying foods that will make you forget why animals were ever needed for food.
Since starting Next Gen Foods in 2020, we have experienced rapid growth. We attribute this to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know how, and our unwavering commitment to the mission. As we continue our success and expand our global footprint, we seek to grow our team with best in class talent.
Position : Legal Counsel
- Provide advice on a wide range of legal and business matters
- Drafting, reviewing, advising, and negotiating general commercial contracts
- Manage the planning, structuring, coordination & execution of transaction/deals, for fundraising through equity and/or debt and joint ventures
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company’s intellectual property, including both internal policies, protection, filings, fee payments for Company intellectual property, and licensing of non-Company intellectual property.
- Review of employment contracts,
- Governance of current VSOP Plan and develop and lead project for transition to/roll-out of future Global ESOP plan
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, training, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with external counsel based around the world, in Asia, the EU, and the US.
- Develop and oversee Personal Data protection compliance matters
- Development of contract templates and standards and in-house online contract management database.
- Develop solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
- Provide legal, regulatory advice and company corporate secretarial support from the shareholder’s perspective for all legal entities
- Early anticipation, identification, and mitigation of legal risks, reducing external legal costs, and adoption of best practices
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Laws
- Minimum 8 years PQE in commercial law or as an in-house counsel
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, communication and influencing skills
- Experience in US law, IP, and licensing will be advantageous.
- Commercially astute, highly-drive and pragmatic, with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex legal concepts effectively, and efficiently to internal stakeholders.
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners
- Fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business