About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about what we eat, and how that impacts our health, planet, and each other. We believe saving the planet can be easy and enjoyable, and small moments can create a big impact. By changing what we eat, we can change the future of the planet – one bite at a time.
With this ethos at heart, we set ourselves a bold mission: To make leaving a better world for our kids a pleasure, not a pain; by using plants to create delicious and satisfying foods that will make you forget why animals were ever needed for food.
Since starting Next Gen Foods in 2020, we have experienced rapid growth. We attribute this to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know how, and our unwavering commitment to the mission. As we continue our success and expand our global footprint, we seek to grow our team with best in class talent.
Position : Senior / Manager, Procurement
- Handle end-to-end procurement activities with our partners, executing activities of supplier registration, create Purchase Orders, provide required documentation, follow up of orders, etc.
- Negotiate purchase with key ingredient suppliers and plan the deliveries
- Process sample requests and arranges shipments by air freight and sea freight
- Liaise with external stakeholders (suppliers, freight forwarders, brokers, shipping lines, etc) to ensure fulfillment of orders and product samples
- Resolve fulfillment issues or logistics issues related to documents and/or specific country requirements
- Support R&D team in the development of new ingredients suppliers
- Support the development of co-manufacturers in different geographies
- Execute the Supply Planning of ingredients
- Monitor inventories of ingredients and finished products
- Execute ad-hoc requests
The Successful Applicant
- At least 6 years of experience in Procurement, preferably in the food industry
- Strong knowledge of shipment operations, quotation, and contract’s terms and conditions
- Experience and supply planning, inventory management
- Experience in developing suppliers and co-manufacturers in different geographies
- Able to work independently
- A resourceful person with a strong problem-solving mindset
- Diligent, meticulous, analytical, and a good team player
- Build working relationships with colleagues and manage stakeholders.
- Be able to adapt to job scope changes and ad hoc initiatives, as required due to the Company being a rapidly growing start-up
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint presentation skill
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners
- Fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business